Thursday 13 November 2014

Daryl Dixon: Aftermath


Daryl Dixon: Aftermath from J.D. Viardo on Vimeo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Originally I was going with the earlier, short-haired Daryl. When starting the fibermesh, I had decided on the longer-haired version.
 


Starting to work on zombies



Starting the fibermesh hair polygroups. Funky.


To keep current, I decided to go with the longer hair Daryl version instead

 
 
This is what happens when you play with Displacement Maps...

 

T-Pose mesh in ZBrush






 

 
Norman Reedus portrays a character named Daryl Dixon in the hit television series, The Walking Dead. In 2011, I had created a 2D fanart of Daryl sitting atop a pile of zombies.

I have decided to redo that scene but in a 3D digital sculpt. I'm a big fan of comic-book artist Jae Lee and I wanted to portray Daryl in a dramatic pose amidst the darkness, much like Jae Lee's cover-art.
Norman is sculpted in ZBrush with fibermesh and was moved to Maya to finish the scene. It was then rendered in VRay and completed in Photoshop and After Effects.
 

 

2 comments:

Text widget